YOU SAVE $65.00 over the price of these items purchased individually.
Sherline 4400B Lathe Package
- Sherline Lathe Model 4400B 3.5" x 17" Deluxe Lathe
- 1040 3.125" 3 Jaw Chuck
- 1069 3/8" Tailstock chuck
- 1074 Steady rest
- 1191 Live Center
- 3002 Cutoff tool and holder
- 3007 1/4" HSS 3-piece tool set (RH, LH, boring)
- 3020 Sherline 5/32" T-driver
- 3021 3-piece center drill set
Standard equipment for the basic model 4400 (metric 4410)
- 24" bed that has 17" between centers
- 2.5" resettable “zero” handwheel on the leadscrew
- Two 2" resettable “zero” handwheels on the crosslide and feed screw
- A powerful 90 VDC motor with electronic speed controller
- 2.75" x 6.0" crosslide
- 3057 Rocker Tool Post
- Electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes.
- A second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed
- Lathe dog
- Two dead centers
- Three hexagonal keys
- Tool post
- Sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool
- Eight-foot, three-wire power cord
- Instruction booklet.
Many machinists find that the extra space between centers comes in handy when working with a part held in a chuck and a larger tailstock chuck with a long drill bit in place. The combination of chucks, part and drill can eat up a lot of the available center-to-center distance, and a little extra capacity is often appreciated. This lathe offers the same diameter turning capacities as the shorter lathe and same powerful motor/speed control. The differences are both the extra 9” of center distance and the addition of extras like the adjustable zero handwheels and rocker toolpost, making this lathe a good value for the extra cost.