Sherline Lathe 4000A-CNC Sherline 3.5" x 8" lathe Plus CNC Ready
- Sherline 4000 Lathe 3.5" x 8"
- 1041 2.5" 3-jaw self-centering chuck
- 1072 Jacobs 1/4" tailstock drill chuck w/ key, #0 Morse arbor, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- 2 stepper motor mounts factory installed
(Stepper motors, software, drivers and computer NOT included)
Standard equipment for the basic model 4000 (metric 4100)
- A powerful 90 VDC motor with electronic speed controller
- 2.75" (70mm) x 6.0" (152mm) crosslide
- 15" (381mm) steel bed to allow 8" (203mm) between centers
- Standard 1-5/8" (41mm) laser engraved aluminum handwheels
- Lathe dog
- Two dead centers
- Three hexagonal keys
- Tool post
- Sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool
- Eight-foot, three-wire power cord
- Instruction booklet.
This lathe can turn a part up to 3.5” in diameter over the bed or up to 1.88” over the carriage without riser blocks. With an optional riser block, parts up to 6” in diameter can be turned over the bed. The lathe has 8” of space between centers. The electronic speed control allows continuously variable speed control from 70 to 2800 RPM without belt changes. There is a second pulley position available that offers extra torque at low RPM if needed.
CNC-READY MACHINES: Any Sherline lathe or mill can be ordered with stepper motor mounts in place of the handwheels ready for the installation of NEMA 23 size stepper motors. (Stepper motors, drivers and software are not included.) Handwheels are included for use on the rear shaft of dual shaft stepper motors, but the stepper motors must be installed before manual control can be achieved. Machines equipped with stepper motor mounts are denoted by the machine or machine/accessory packages part number followed by the letters “CNC”.